- Lead Advisor for Government Relations and Information Management
- Establish and maintain robust relationships internally and externally
- Provide high quality advice and support for information and records management
The Teaching Council is the professional body for all teachers. We are independent, and act in the interests of teachers to enable and support leadership and direction for the education profession.
Key functions such as Government Relations, Information and Records Management, Information Release and Privacy are managed within this Lead Advisor level role. This role will also contribute to the Council’s vision for digital transformation.
Joining this organisation, you will work alongside a team committed to education and the teaching profession. Your contribution is valued, and you will enjoy a positive working culture. The office is centrally located in Wellington’s CBD.
The ideal person for this role will have relevant New Zealand government experience and demonstrate expertise in establishing and maintaining robust relationships. If you have the potential to influence at a senior level and be a credible representative for the Council we would like to hear from you.
Other key skills and experience we’re seeking would include:
- Previous accountability for information flow between the Council, government agencies, and government, including Minister’s offices.
- High quality communication skills with experience providing briefings and written advice.
- Experience managing all aspects of release of information, including responses to government and media requests, proactive release of information and OIAs.
- Implementation and maintenance of information and records management systems and policies, as well as risk management.
- Previous experience as a Privacy Officer would be useful.
This opportunity will give you the chance to play a key role within the Council, fostering close relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
If you have the skills and experience as listed above, send in your application (word format ideally) by clicking APPLY. For further information, please contact Kathy Claridge from Beyond Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 04 471 8970. Job number: 102536
Please note, applicants should already have the right to work in New Zealand in place.