- Fixed Term Graphic Designer role
- $70,000 to $80,000 per annum
- Start date: Ideally 1 October 2021
We are seeking a Graphic Designer for a six month fixed term role within a Ministry. This role has the potential to extend for another three months.
You will be responsible for graphic design and production services to this Ministry, seeing all projects through from concept, design, production, completion and delivery. This includes working with the Design Team and internal customers to design both digital and print publications, presentations, videos, infographics, templates, photography, images, marketing collateral and any other requests for desktop publishing and design support. You would also liaise with external design agencies and printers.
- Managing professional graphic design and desktop publishing projects, end-to-end project management from receiving a brief from the client, analysing and critically evaluating the request and recommending approaches, developing creative design concepts that clearly communicate the intent of the brief, completing the design project on time and on budget
- Producing accurate digital finished artwork and interfaces with printers in conjunction with the Print Production Manager
- Developing high quality visual presentations and infographics
- Managing relationships with internal stakeholders and provide advice to internal clients on graphic and digital design, including latest trends and best practice
What you will bring to the role:
- Work experience in a design studio or similar practice/role where they were doing real design and production
- Relevant tertiary qualification in design, or comparable practical experience in commercial art, printing or graphics
- Experience in Māori and/or Pacific design, working on projects to engage Māori and Pacific audiences is desired but not required
- Good, above average abilities in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, experience at getting designs to print/finished art
- Ability to work on medium to large documents with lots of text – you understand file set up and style sheets
- Can work to deadlines in a busy environment, and unsupervised
- Understands working with a brand identity
The Salary band for this role is $70,000 - $80,000 per annum.
If you are interested in applying or learning more, please contact Laura Corkill at firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 193 0267 referencing job number # 112316, or click the APPLY NOW button above.