About the Company:
This is a development and investment group which includes a medium sized construction business. They have enjoyed sustained success, delivering outstanding projects over the past 20 years. Their body of work includes the development and construction of a wide range of commercial and residential buildings. They pride themselves on a ‘can do’ and ‘hands on’ approach which focuses on making things happen. The group operates and collaborates well as a wider team sharing outcomes and celebrating success when deserved. As a relatively smaller construction business and being a developer/builder, they are free from any larger company politics, contentious client issues, and decisions can be made quickly. Their current pipeline of work is significant and will require the business to grow over the next few years to ensure that appropriate outcomes are delivered. The directors are now looking to ensure the right team and structures are in place to meet the demands of the coming growth, and wish to appoint a Group CEO/Construction Manager to take control, and guide the group through this exciting period and beyond.
About the Role:
Reporting directly into the Directors, the purpose of the role is to drive the strategic performance of the business forward from an operational and project delivery perspective.
A high-performance culture is core to the business and part of your remit is not to accept mediocre ensuring all protocols and project and programme deliverables are being met.
It requires the following:
- Hands on leadership approach
- Strong people management
- Driving collective team outcomes
- Overseeing project planning
- Ensuring quality assurance metrics and compliance is achieved
- Technical strength across design and construction issues on large commercial projects
- Maintaining and building relationships with sub-contractors, consultants and other key contacts
- You will lead any required improvements in the business from a systems and organizational perspective. You will contribute to staff development, oversee Health & Safety as well as reporting back to the Directors with any issues across the business that require fleshing out
The ideal candidate MUST HAVE the following experience:
- At least 15 years’ experience as a Construction Manager/General Manager or Operations Manager within a commercial construction company (tier 2 or 3 ideally)
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications such as Construction Management and/or Trade qualifications
- Client-Side experience or exposure to Development side is ideal
- Exceptional communication skills are a must with the ability to manage the overall business and staff to defined outcomes and deliverables
- Ability to display an enthusiastic and energetic approach to the role, lifting the energy and positivity towards the tasks at hand and outcomes desired within the business
- Strong Construction computer systems and organisational skills
On offer is a generous remuneration package of between $200K - $230K + vehicle pending experience
If you are looking to join a company where you can showcase your depth of experience and knowledge in the commercial construction sector adding value, then apply now.
For further information, please call Matt on 0275544064 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org