About the Company
My North Shore based client operates on the frontier of technology, partnering with some of the most well-known global product companies. Although this organisation has a stronghold on the global market, they are still a close-knit team. Due to their continuing growth and success, they are now looking for a Software Engineering Team Leader to join their high performing team.
About the Role
As a Hardware Validation Engineer at Teknique, you’ll be part of a collaborative, inclusive team responsible for creating amazing device, mobile and web integrated vision technology, video solutions and other IoT devices. Supported by passionate and engaged engineers, you’ll be able to develop new products and solutions while becoming ingrained in the world of vision systems integration.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Helping to test and bring-up new prototype, EVT, DVT and PVT boards
- Diagnosing issues with hardware and make work-around modifications to solve issues and reduce the need for board re-spins
- Providing input into the development and execution of production and hardware acceptance tests
- Assembling and testing prototype products before delivery to the engineering team and/or customers
- Designing and executing environmental and compliance tests
- Supporting the Operations, Hardware, and wider engineering teams with your skills, knowledge of systems and experience
To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- 5+ years of hands on work experience as a Hardware Validation Engineer
- High skills in testing and debugging high speed electronic boards
- Experience in one or more EDA software (Altium, PADS or Candance)
- Experience in debugging high-speed processor boards and fixing the same
- Programming of SOC, Flash devices, power controllers and clock devices with image files
- High skills on soldering (0.5mm pitch connecter, QFN footprint)
- Experience in using high-speed lab equipments (Oscillscopes, single generator)
- Have understanding for reliability test and experience in using temperature chamber, vibration table and etc
- Good co-ordination and interaction skills needed to interact well with several groups
- Have understanding in embedded system, experience in debugging communication protocols like IIC, IIS, LVDS and etc
- Strong technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Should process strong verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Software development experience in C, especially embedded or driver level
- Experience with Linux tools
- Experience in EMC test and familiar with some of the testing standard
- Willingness to travel abroad to assist bringing products into production and collaborate within a global team (US & China)
- Knowledge of Image Processing and Computer Vision
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Candidates who have the legal right to work in NZ are invited to apply.
We’d love to hear from you, if this is the right role for you - APPLY now or contact Tyler Hunt on Tyler.Hunt@beyond.co.nz for a confidential discussion.
Job Ref: 99553.
Beyond Recruitment IT & Transformation, connecting IT talent with IT opportunities. Visit www.beyond.co.nz for more roles and information.