|Job Title:||Housing Locator and Specialist|
|Contract Type:||Permanent Recruitment|
|Contact Details:||Rachelle Weingott|
|Job Published:||26 days ago|
You will be responsible for finding housing and managing tenancies for people who are experiencing chronic homelessness. You will build and maintain relationships with landlords and property investors/managers. You will provide a variety of office and field related activities to manage tenancies including liaising with landlords, social support team and tenants.
Your duties will be as follows:
• Assisting participants to locate and secure housing of their choice
• Interview participants once selected for the programme, understand their housing needs and background.
• Developing and maintaining landlord relationships, including signing up new landlords and landlord focused events
• Developing and maintaining landlord relationships
• Meet tenant and Key Worker to sign documents and handover keys on tenancy start date
• Advise Finance of tenants move ins/outs
• Manage government relationships/industry contract MSD and other social housing tenancies and contracts
• Reporting – weekly updates for Group Property Manager, monthly for APT board reports and bi monthly Governance Board Reports
• Prepare tenancy agreements
• Compile new tenancy documents (Tenancy Agreement, bond lodgement form, redirection of benefit forms etc )
• Various administrative related tasks
• Agree realistic start date for tenancy with the team
• Responsible for renewing tenancies with agents for properties
• Prepare On-charges for water, electricity and repairs and maintenance items as required
• On occasion, carry out during tenancy tasks, such as completing inspections and arranging maintenance as needed
To succeed in this role you will need to have the following attributes:
• Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, empathy and the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
• You will have strong relationship, communication (verbal and written), negotiation skills and the ability to engage with people from diverse backgrounds.
• You will be able to work effectively alongside people with co-existing mental health and addiction problems who have experienced homelessness to achieve their goals.
• Ideally you will need to have an understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and be committed to the principles of the organisation
• A current driver’s license
• Possess strong organizational skills with ability to meet a demanding workload, leveraging creativity and innovation.
• Have an eye for detail
• Resilience is a necessity
If you are interested then please call Rachelle Weingott at Beyond Recruitment on 0274 789 614 or email your CV to - email@example.com