About the Company:
This is a construction group that have enjoyed sustained success, delivering outstanding commercial development projects over the past 20 years. Their current pipeline of work is significant and will require an additional quantity surveyor to assist in the positive financial delivery across a number of medium sized commercial projects to $30M including mixed use office and retail developments, retirement villages, warehousing, refurbishments and high volume residential.
About the Role:
Working within a team and reporting to a commercial manager, you will be typically working on such tasks as:
- Tender preparation and analysis
- Bills of quantities
- Cost management
- Progress claims and assessing variations
- Subcontractor management
Key success factors for this role require:
- A tertiary qualification in construction management or quantity surveying and/or prior hands on carpentry background helpful
- 4-6 years experience worked as a hands on QS or estimator from a main contractor or residential/commercial contractor
- Ideally knowledge of the local construction market and relevant commercial construction legislation and rates
- You have initiative and possess a strong work ethic
- Excellent sub contractor management and ability to form relationships
- Outstanding written and oral communication
- Ability to fit into a team culture and be a participant in team events
Remuneration: $90K - $120K pending experience for the right candidate.
This is an excellent opening for a strong Intermediate QS that is looking to get into the right working environment with certainty of career growth in one of Auckland’s fastest growing development and construction companies.
On offer is a generous remuneration package of between $900K - $120K.
For further information, please call Matt on 0275544064 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org