About the Company
This is a construction group that have enjoyed sustained success, delivering outstanding commercial development projects over the past 20 years. Their current pipeline of work is significant and will require an additional quantity surveyor to assist in the positive financial delivery across a number of medium sized commercial projects to $30M including mixed use office and retail developments, retirement villages, warehousing, refurbishments and high volume residential. They are also underway with their flagship project, a $300M retirement village which is requiring additional QS support. Also, in the wings is another major $500M development which has an opportunity to be the Commercial Lead on.
About the Role:
This role would see you running your own stage from start to finish circa $5 million project, once initial procurement is under control with 2-3 months into it, you would also assisting with one of the other stages.
Working within a team and reporting to a commercial manager, you will be typically working on such tasks as:
* Tender preparation and analysis
* Bills of quantities
* Cost management
* Progress claims and assessing variations
* Subcontractor management
Key success factors for this role require:
* A tertiary qualification in construction management or quantity surveying and/or prior hands on carpentry background helpful
* 4-6 + years experience worked as a hands on QS from a main contractor or residential/commercial contractor
* Ideally knowledge of the local construction market and relevant commercial construction legislation and rates
* You have initiative and possess a strong work ethic
* Excellent sub contractor management and ability to form relationships
* Ability to fit into a team culture and be a participant in team events
Remuneration: $90K - $130K + vehicle pending experience
This is an excellent opening for a QS that is looking to get into the right working environment with certainty of career growth in one of Auckland’s fastest growing development and construction companies.
For further information, please call Matt on 0275544064 or email your details to email@example.com