Our NZ based client is looking for an Intermediate BAS Accountant to join their small, close knit team based in Auckland. You may be looking for a fresh start this year in a different organisation, or maybe wanting to have a change from public practice.
The company deals with overseas entities who have keen interest in building their business in New Zealand. This could be in the operations, imports or exports areas.
Duties of the role:
- Accurate review of tax returns and payment of taxes including responsibility for the review of GST, withholding taxes and FBT
- Preparation and review of provisional income tax calculations returns and financial statement
- Preparation of and advising of tax related journals
- Regular review of tax balances, including reconciliation with financial statements and returns as required.
- Assistance with tax reclaims for the Funds
- Preparation of and assistance with GST apportionment calculation
- Preparation of and assistance with transfer pricing
- Develop and maintain existing internal and external relationships via email and video chat
Knowledge and experience required:
- NZ based tertiary qualification in Accounting
- Knowledge of New Zealand tax legislation
- Experience in preparing and reviewing financial statement tax notes and journals (including deferred tax)
- Experience in preparing and reviewing New Zealand tax compliance including GST, withholding taxes, FBT, income tax returns
- Ideally experience with a New Zealand Public practice organisation
- CA qualification not required, but could be desirable
If you like the sound of the role and would like to find out if you are the right person for the role, please follow the prompts to send in your CV in a word.doc and you will be contacted if you are successful.
Job Ref: 105569