My Client is a market leader in the life sciences and testing environment with a global reach that spans multiple countries. With laboratories situated across New Zealand, they are leading the way in providing a range of class-leading food, water, plant, soil and fertiliser testing to serve the New Zealand Market.
- Auckland’s Microbiology department currently has a position available for a Laboratory Manager. This role will be managing the Offline (reading, reporting & confirmation of Microbiology tests) and Media Preparation teams, working Monday to Friday in a permanent capacity.
Purpose of Position:
- The core functions of the role is to manage the day to day activities of the Offline and Media Preparation teams with a strong focus on process improvement and cost reduction.
Key duties may include: -
- Coordination of day-to-day operational requirements of the Testing Laboratory
- Supervision and management of laboratory staff
- Continuous business improvements, including managing and coordinating projects
- Ensuring ongoing compliance to the company Quality systems and accreditations (ISO/IEC 17025 etc)
- Develop and work on continuous improvement initiatives
- To maintain a positive, professional and safe working environment, being mindful of Eurofins’ Health and Safety procedures
- To get the best out of the team by providing oversight, problem-solving skills and support to the staff as needed.
- A tertiary qualification in business administration, business management or another applicable major or minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing teams is a requirement.
- A tertiary qualification in a scientific discipline or equivalent experience is not required but would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead a team, including capacity for directing the work of others. Minimum 5 years.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in respect to human resource and financial management records systems.
- High level organisational skills, including the capacity to prioritise work flows.
- High level written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with continuous improvement initiatives such as Lean management
Experience not required, but advantageous:
- Practical knowledge of basic microbiological techniques such as aseptic technique, use of basic laboratory equipment (pipettes, spreaders, filtration units etc);
- Experience in a commercial laboratory environment;
- We are looking for a manger that is willing to take the initiative and work in a fair and responsible way being reliable yet flexible is key in this fast-paced role. The incumbent will have shown strong leadership skills while encouraging team members to improve themselves and the production process. Good time management skills is a definite must and being able to think on your feet and solving problems while being able to make independent decisions is highly desirable.
If you feel that this role sounds like you and feel motivated to join a market leader that will support your personal development and growth than why wait? Drop me an email at email@example.com or click apply now!