- Fixed term till 05 Nov2021
- $75-$100k Base
- ASAP start
Beyond recruitment is excited to be partnering with The Reserve Bank of New Zealand, Te Pūtea Matua (the Bank) (New Zealand’s central bank) in search for a management accountant. This is a great opportunity to step into a high performing team with a supportive culture.
The key objective of the Management Accountant is to undertake accounting tasks to ensure that the outputs of the Finance Unit are met, especially in the compilation and reporting of financial information. This includes finance business partnering with departments to provide sound financial advice and accounting support along with assisting with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and supporting planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
I would be interested in hearing from anyone that is working towards their CA with a big 4 background with 2-3 years’ experience.
- Assists with the co-ordination of the planning and budgeting round, including providing accounting analysis and advice to all levels of management.
- As a business partner to departments, provide accounting assistance and support in preparing their budgets and in recording actual costs.
- Prepare the information required for the monthly and quarterly financial management reports to the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors, including analysing variances and ensuring the provision of meaningful explanations.
- Prepare Operating Statement, Financial Position and Cash Flow information via CFISnet for The Treasury each month.
- Prepare forecasted financial reports when requested by The Treasury as part of the half-year economic and fiscal update, and the budget Economic Fiscal update.
- Assist in the preparation of the Bank’s annual Financial Statements, including providing advice on appropriate reporting approaches under generally accepted accounting practice.
- Analyse, research and advise on tax policy issues and monitor tax compliance systems.
- Provide technical accounting expertise to ensure that the various reporting requirements reflect appropriate accounting conventions.
The successful candidate will come with the following:
- Working towards or holds a Chartered Accountant membership of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand. CA status (or international equivalent).
- Knowledge of accounting standards is essential.
- Experience with GST, FBT and NRWT tax legislation and compliance issues would be an advantage.
If you are interested in this opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
For further information contact Michael Chhim or Peter Campbell on (04) 473 2116 quoting job number 107575
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz