The purpose of this role is to lead a team providing management accounting functions, driving the reporting, analysis and internal budget process. This includes leading, managing and mentoring a team of management accountants and assistant management accountants.
The team is focused on providing integrated business and financial information and advice to drive strategic direction and decisions at the branch level.
- Manage and prioritise the teams work to deliver regular financial reporting to a portfolio of branches.
- Lead the management and coordination of the budgeting process for the portfolio.
- Enabling management to make informed decisions by ensuring that managers are effectively supported in developing budgets that reflect business plans.
- Identify any problem areas that impact the quality, accuracy or timeliness of financial information and implement actions to resolve them.
Suggest and support continuous improvement initiatives including reducing month-end cycle times and improved memorandum account management.
Ensure that team members develop an understanding of their allocated branch/business group operations, key work programmes and strategic direction in order to facilitate proactive and relevant financial and business advice.
Proactively manage relationships across the organisation, seeking understanding of service delivery needs and feedback on performance of the team.
Mentor and coach business accountants and assistant business accountants to develop talent and build the people capability required to deliver outcomes.
- Experience in Central Government financial management processes and procedures including sound understanding of the Public Finance Act
- Experience in staff management and development
- Experience in administrative and personnel systems and processes; and in developing and implementing support systems within government organisations
- Knowledge of strategic and business planning processes
- Experience in managing relationships and consultation with an assortment of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in analysing technical issues and making business decisions with financial impact.
Apply via the link provided or give Peter Campbell a call on (04) 494 70901 for a confidential discussion
Job Ref: 101373