Exciting new commercial marketing opportunity based just out of Christchurch!
- Solid experience in commercial B2B product marketing in local and ideally global markets is essential for this role;
Experience in food, packaging, nutrition and/or dairy sectors is desirable, but not essential;
- Great management & leadership opportunity
- Competitive salary package & benefits
Synlait is a high energy, fast-paced dairy company that's changing the game. Our entrepreneurial spirit runs deep. We see everything as an opportunity, challenge the impossible, always striving to make the most from milk. Our vision is to be the world's most innovative and trusted dairy company. We partner with the best customers and Canterbury milk suppliers to make more from milk. Together, our products deliver the best in human health and nutrition.
Due to some exciting changes of focus and direction in our business an innovative, challenging and highly rewarding opportunity has presented itself!
This commercial management role will report in to our Director of Sales & Business Development and will lead, support and drive our marketing and category management team towards success. Working autonomously, but well supported this role will set the marketing and category strategy across our NZ and global markets and setup, lead, inspire and coach a team of approximately 10 people (category managers, insights analysts and marketing/brand professionals) toward a high level of success. A key focus of this team will be its central focus on brand positioning and developing key value propositions to take to market. These will be based on sound and savvy commercial market intelligence and insights to help take our business to the next level.
This position also has a focus on resource planning, capital investments, customer selection criteria and pricing. Key interdisciplinary teams that will work with this role and its direct reports are the sales, finance, production and innovation teams in our business.
This role offers huge growth potential for someone that can 'think big', commit and help us shape and drive our long-term market strategy and goals.
To be considered you will need:
- 10 years+ commercial B2B market development experience in local and ideally global markets in either food, nutrition and/or dairy sectors with impressive results;
- Solid experience building strategic category development plans (based on targeted value propositions) that deliver commercial results;
- Ability to understand & utilise insights to support planning at a tactical & strategic level;
- General marketing and brand communication experience & understanding of its value;
- Confidence, passion, & drive to improve, explore and move our business forward;
- Strong leadership skills and experience developing a team would be beneficial;
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
The benefits are huge and rewarding in this role and for your career. If your serious about building a long term career and you would enjoy working in a fabulous new modern building in a rural setting in Dunsandel just out of Christchurch, NZ and the opportunity to escape traffic and city pressures then we would love to hear from you. (A competitive remuneration package will be offered for the right person.
The closing date for applications: Sunday, 5 February 2017
Applications to: Anna Hobern, Client Manager Marketing @ Beyond Recruitment. Please send through your CV first to be fully considered or call me on 021 366-015 for a discussion if you have a relatable background for this role.
Synlait website: http://www.synlait.com/
Job ref #AK50289