Our client is a leading utility provider, with a reputation for excellence and innovation. They currently seek to employ a National Facilities Manager to lead their significant Facilities Management Portfolio, which includes existing properties and new project initiatives throughout the country.
Supported by a small team of facilities professionals, you will have proven project and contract management experience, and the ability to provide strategic planning, leadership and direction to the FM Team. Experience managing multi-site facilities and multiple projects is essential.
Planning and implementing efficient FM systems and processes is a key focus, to ensure that all issues are dealt with quickly and effectively. You will definitely not possess a business as usual mentality, and be prepared to drive continuous improvement.
- Provide strategic leadership to the FM Team
- Manage and oversee all National FM functions including project initiatives
- Support and lead some of the new build projects
- Manage & lead contract negotiations with maintenance & vendor suppliers
- Coordinate and manage all outside service providers
- Ensure compliance of all relevant building codes nationally
- Provide management reporting on design/equipment/specifications on all projects
- Plan, develop & lead all facilities planning, maintenance & scheduling to ensure continuous improvement in the efficiencies of processes, assets & equipment
- Prepare, manage & implement the FM Opex & Capex budgets
- Develop effective stakeholder engagement nationally
- Provide mentoring & training to FM personnel as required
- Ensure company aligned HS&E procedures are adhered to by all FM personnel and service providers
- Maintain appropriate administration systems to ensure all information is recorded & accurate
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years proven FM / Property experience managing multi-site facilities
- Contract & Project Management experience – essential
- Sound engineering/construction understanding (Trade Qualification preferred)
- Experience establishing and/or managing an effective National FM System
- Proven people management experience, and the ability to lead & motivate
- Effective communication & negotiation skills
- Computer experience with Outlook, Word & Excel
If you have the skills & experience to be successful in this business critical role then apply here, or contact Ray Crocker at Beyond Recruitment on 021 181 6300 for a confidential discussion, quoting Ref: 89135.