My client who is a leading global systems integrator for consumer, industrial and commercial camera and vision solutions and due to their tremendous growth is looking for a NPI Coordinator (New Product Implementation).
As an experienced NPI Coordinator, you’ll be part of a collaborative, inclusive team responsible for creating amazing device, mobile and web integrated vision technology, video solutions and other IoT devices.
- Coordinating NPI builds and managing the ‘end to end’ process from design review, design release to manufacturer, component sourcing, factory build, assembly, production test all the way through to shipping
- Acting as the communication channel between internal stake holders, contract manufacturer and suppliers
- Managing the NPI project timeline, resources and logistic needs
- Assisting with purchasing and quality Assurance in qualifying new vendors, as needed
- Providing support to Contract manufacturers to ensure timely resolution to new product launch process and product quality related issues.
- Developing costing plans for NPI and tracking the costs throughout the project duration
- Managing the Bill of materials and ensuring the accuracy of BoM release via PLM tool
- Managing the ECO release via PLM tool
- Leading project requirements and design reviews with the internal project team.
- Leading DFM and process reviews with the manufacturing team
- Leading the review and consolidation of project build results, production yield analysis, improvement plans and lessons learned.
- Leading multi-functional engineering groups on product related problem analysis and resolution
- Supporting production test engineers on jig sourcing, building and deployment
- Assessing risks/issues and acting with a sense of urgency
- Developing and/or maintaining all process documentation (i.e. SoP, work instructions, etc.) to ensure accuracy.
- Working with different function groups to achieve set goals of the project
- Experiencing what it’s like to work with one of NZs fastest growing R&D companies
- Collaborating with a fantastic team of passionate people
- Working in an Agile development environment
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in leading product development and qualification for module packages, such as camera
- Good project management skills and experience in leading multi-functional group
- Knowledge on production assembly, test process and equipment
- Knowledge and basic skills in Lean Manufacturing
- Familiarity with the preproduction phase of a product lifecycle and release milestones
- A good understanding of BOM and ECO
- The ability to manage multiple projects / assignments simultaneously
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Excellent organization skills a must
- Analytical thinking with a hands-on approach
- The ability to prioritize multiple activities
- The ability to proactively identify risk
- Great communication skills, the ability to communicate to all levels of internal and external Executive Management
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Be a team player who is confident to speak up with ideas and issues
- The ability to travel on request
Nice to have!
- Financial and account knowledge is a plus
- An interest in the video capture and content industry
- The lawful authority to work in New Zealand, including a Work Permit with conditions that allow you to work in this position
- Multi-lingual, Chinese speaker is a plus
Candidates with work experience in New Zealand will be given preference, and the right to work in NZ is essential.
We’d love to hear from you, if this is the right role for you - APPLY now or contact Tim Fang at email@example.com for a chat.
NB: While all candidates will be reviewed, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.