This is a market leader across interiors and larger construction refurbishments. They are a fast-paced operation with a strong and reputable brand covering all interior fit out and refurbishment jobs for high profile corporates, government and smaller businesses from design through to full project delivery. They continue to grow and have a strong programme of work with contracts for premium tenants of high-rise office fitout and refurbishments. This is a company that is progressive, innovative and fosters an enjoyable team working environment through regular events of the social calendar.
Due to strong organic growth, there is a need to create a new role under the current MD, inserting a new layer of accountability and responsibility. This is an Operations/General Manager leadership role taking ownership for the operations and performance of their Auckland office. The key scope is ensuring the current business plan is managed whilst developing a future business plan with the view to achieving revenue and profit targets.
Key components of this role involve:
- Management and oversight of all project management and commercial management, reporting on performance/QA and profitability
- Recruitment, HR, growing a team, performance review and mentoring
- Business development, tenders/marketing and leading tender preparation
- Business plan preparations
- Overall responsibility for growing revenue, profits and preparation of budgets
- Ensuring board reports are prepared including budgets, H&S reporting, and wider company issues
- Operations management including day to day operations, procedures and policy reviews and implementation, and IT Management
- Client relationship management and management of wider stakeholders of the business
- Health & Safety Management
As an applicant, you have:
- 15+ years of Senior Project Management and/or Operational/General Management experience gained from within the construction industry, commercial and/or interiors project exposure is preferred
- A high level of business acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills developed through holding key leadership roles in the construction sector
- Tertiary qualification in construction and/or business management/commerce
- Strong people and performance management experience
This is a role that has great opportunity to shape and improve the performance and profitability of the current business, it has scope for buy in options for equity in time as the role evolves and relationships are built.
Salary $200K - $220K + Vehicle