This role is a focussed team leadership and management opportunity. You will engage, develop, coach and manage a multi-disciplinary team. You will assign team members to work programmes based on their capability, experience level and development direction.
Some of the responsibilities of this role are:
- Contribute to the leadership, strategy and operational direction
- Driving activity, allocating resources, cross-Ministry co-ordination and results to maximise the contribution that the team makes to outcomes and government goals
- Ensure the best match to “the right people to the right work at the right time”
- Building and enhancing the overall capability of the team to ensure quality advice
- Maintaining a high-performing team through good recruitment and performance management, and by developing and maintaining a culture of learning and development, safety and wellbeing within the team
- Setting strategy for the team and branch and driving delivery of high-quality policy advice and results to maximise the contribution that the team makes to ministry wide outcomes and government goals
As a people leader, this manager will not only lead the team but will also understand the team members' individual capabilities to deliver high quality project outputs. Also, you will provide a sense of vision that is going to engage and motivate others participate and make things happen!
In return you will get to:
- Join a team with a cutting-edge work programme
- Be part of a Ministry which provides opportunities for professional development
- Receive a highly competitive salary package
If you have the passion and skills that matches what we are after, please do contact me at Kathy.Claridge@beyond.co.nz to find out more.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz quote Job Ref: 103457
Bilge MacPhee and Kathy Claridge are Beyond Recruitment’s Policy and Government Team.