- Use your relationship management skills working across this Ministry.
- Actively work alongside stakeholders to enable them to succeed.
- Provide trusted expertise and specialist technical advice.
The Principal Advisor works to provide Project & Investment Advice in this large government Ministry. Working in a small team, you will support and provide advice to a portfolio of senior leaders and business groups.
To get the most out of this job, you will enjoy contributing to good business planning and investment management processes (including prioritisation, quality management) and building project, programme and portfolio management (P3M) capability.
- Contribute to the department’s business planning processes by maintaining effective communications with relevant key stakeholders
- Provide account management type support and technical advice to a portfolio of Senior Leaders and Business Groups
- Analysis and Reporting for assigned programmes and projects
- Building capability and business improvement
Everything about this job requires relationship management. You will build quality and effective relationships and actively work alongside your key stakeholders. You will be an intellectual and thought leader but you will enjoy walking alongside others to enable them to succeed.
Required skills and experience include:
- Senior-level experience with P3M frameworks and processes, and investment management good practices
- Experience developing and maintaining robust relationships as an Account Manager working with senior managers, programmes and projects
- Prince2 Practitioner, MSP Practitioner or ILM Facilitator and a working knowledge of Agile methodologies (desirable).
The perfect person for this job will be a genuine people person, resourceful, well-connected, resilient and patient. Ministry specific programme training will be provided to build your technical and specialist capabilities.
For further information about this role contact Kathy Claridge on (04) 471 8970 or email Kathy.Claridge@beyond.co.nz quoting job number 94291 for a copy of the job description. To send a copy of your CV and cover letter please click APPLY NOW. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz
Kathy Claridge and Bilge Gray are Beyond Recruitment’s Policy and Government Team.