We are currently recruiting for a Principal Communications Advisor for a full time, permanent position within a Government Organisation.
You will be accountable for leading, developing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing a diverse range of communications tasks to support our system lead role.
Key accountabilities of this role include:
- Managing the brand, reputation and positioning of the organisation to build trust and confidence with key stakeholders.
- Leading and developing best practice models within the Organisation for communicating with Māori audiences, Māori media, Māori partners, and Māori.
- Including high quality te reo me ōna tikanga in communications, utilising recognised and acknowledged te reo Māori expertise (external providers).
- Providing advice, guidance, and support to enable effective communications with Māori audiences (understanding the diversity amongst them and they are not homogenous).
- Providing advice, guidance and to enable effective communications with audiences and stakeholders (including cross-government) using a broad range of communications tactics and channels.
- Providing high quality communications support (messaging, speaking notes, media releases (if required), presentations, web pages, communication collateral and events), and audience management support (identifying who and how the Organisation engages with key players).
- Liaise with communications, web and social media staff to ensure communications is effective across all channels.
For this role, Te reo and Tikanga Māori would be an advantage, but enthusiasm to learn is as important.
If you wish to apply for this role or are interested in learning more, please contact Rebecca Berney at Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org using Reference # 112513, or push the APPLY NOW button.