Our client is an organisation central to the recent and projected future growth in Tauranga, one of New Zealand’s prime development hotspots, and one of the most liveable lifestyle destinations in the country.
As part of a sizeable and established team, an opportunity is available for a Principal-level Environmental Planner to provide resource management consenting expertise and leadership to support the delivery and effective outcomes of key development projects and growth throughout the city. The focus of the role will be on the processing of complex resource consent applications, provision of expert evidence, as well as playing a key mentoring role within the team.
Key duties, amongst others, will include:
- Maintain a strong relationship and liaison with the development community, stakeholders and other agencies.
- Provide principal resource management expertise, advice and support to the development community and organisation.
- Retain a sound understanding of RMA and related processes included in facilitating development projects.
- Ensure efficient and consistent project management, delivery and determination of resource management functions in accordance with delegated authority.
- Provide expert planning evidence.
- Co-ordinate and proactively manage effective pre-application meetings and associated services for developments and projects.
- Retain a sound understanding and provide input where appropriate to organisational growth, development and strategic projects.
- Support the organisation in delivery of key strategic projects and business processes.
- Maintain a strong awareness of key city wide and organisational projects.
- Maintain a sound awareness of local government legislation as it relates to property development projects.
We would be very keen to hear from interested candidates who hold a tertiary qualification in Environmental Planning (accredited by the NZPI) and have at least 8 years of experience in a relevant field, either within a consultancy environment or a local government organisation. You will ideally be a member of the New Zealand Planning Institute (or an equivalent international planning institute).
Key to your success in the role will be your well-honed written and verbal communication skills as well as your ability to build influential relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internally and externally. As a senior professional you will pride yourself on your leadership and coaching skills.
In return, the successful candidate will be offered a highly competitive remuneration package, a strong framework for career advancement and ongoing development, as well as a flexible working environment with a genuine focus on well-being. You will be joining a close-knit team of outstanding professionals in a part of the country famed for its sub-tropical climate, white sandy beaches, outdoor lifestyle, with all the trappings of a modern, vibrant, growing city.
For further information, please contact Duncan McKenzie at Beyond Recruitment on 021 587 360 or by applying to this advert.
REF # 109500