- Principal Engineer
- Enterprise Organisation
- Highly Agile Environment
About the company
This organisation has been operating for over 150 years and has grown to be one of the largest Kiwi owned organisations in its industry. This organisation constantly strives to be a leader in their field, both with regards to outstanding customer service as well as with technology. In line with their constant drive for excellence, this organisation is seeking a number of Principal Engineers to help continue their success.
About the role
As Principal Engineer reporting directly to the Chief Engineer, you could be responsible for a variety of tasks such as working with event event driven architecture and Kafka, coaching CICD principles, building microservices, training machine learning models, providing the organisation's cloud platform, and more. You'll use your broad technical knowledge and leaderships skills to empower the development team to excel.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing coaching and mentoring for individuals and teams to grow architecture knowledge, skills and abilities
- Creating standards and guidelines to ensure developers are empowered to build great software
- Work with Chapter Leads to enable quads to operate effectively
- Be actively involved in open source community contributing to the ASB knowledge base
- Influencing the creation of new designs, architecture and standards for scalable distributed solutions
- Lead discussions around choosing the best technologies for ASB
- Use your passion for clean code and automated testing to influence others
Skills & experience required
- Minimum 10+ years experience of hands on development experience in Cloud/Microservices based enterprise architecture, including 3+ years in an Architect/Lead role,
- You will have a broad technical understanding across complex, distributed systems and platforms
- Proven experience solving deeply complex engineering issues
- Have excellent communication skills
Candidates who have the legal right to work in NZ are invited to apply.
We’d love to hear from you, if this is the right role for you - APPLY now or contact Tyler on 021 919 593 for a confidential discussion.
Ref AK 93887
Beyond IT & Transformation, connecting IT talent with IT opportunities. Visit www.beyond.co.nz for more roles and information.