A contracting opportunity for a very specific set of skills has come about as a result of New Zealand Government announcing an increase to the Refugee Quota Programme to 1,500 from July 2020.
The Minister of Immigration announced 5 new settlement locations (in addition to the existing 8) which are being established to support the increase.
For this reason we require services to develop and implement a new model for sourcing and securing private rental taking into account the market opportunities and constraints in each settlement location.
The outcome will be to have an effective model operating to provide private housing for refugees that contributes to the overall housing secured in the private and public market for refugees to move into at the conclusion of the five-week reception programme at Mangere.
We are looking for a Private Rental Market Specialist for a 6 to 8 weeks project focused on very specific deliverables to assist with the delivery of the increase to New Zealand’s Refugee Quota.
We are expecting you to have a property manager background who has a good handle on the current private rental property market and have established good networks within that space.
The task will include:
- Developing and implementing a model that will provide between up to 60% of the overall housing required for refugees in the private market and having them available to move into at the end of the five-week reception programme
- Developing a sustainable model that takes a longer term, strategic view of each settlement location providing a steady supply of private rental accommodation options for refugees
Skills and experience we are looking for:
- Detailed working knowledge of the current private rental market in New Zealand
- Ability to source market data in each settlement location and deliver a detailed map of the constraints and opportunities in each settlement location
- Established networks in the New Zealand real estate and private rental market sector
- Ability to reach out to main actors to better understand each settlement location and future opportunities
- Ideally have a good understanding of the NZ government sector
- Auckland or Wellington based and be prepared to regularly travel with in New Zealand to undertake the work
- Has a consultative approach and an active listener that is able to deal with complexity
- Has good analytical skills
- Action orientated
Outputs of the project will be:
- Detailed report that outlines the current challenges and opportunities in the housing market across the settlement locations – including detailed mapping by each settlement location (existing and future locations)
- An analysis of the data and information gathered from engagement across the sector and in the market
- A number of different options for sourcing and securing private rental accommodation and recommendations on the implementation of the new model
The report would be expected to be completed in 6 to 8 weeks and would commence from the 30 March 2019.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you are interested in the role and fit the criteria listed above or call me on 04 494 11 84 quoting job number 97353.
Alternatively, you can click on APPLY NOW to send a copy of your CV and a cover letter. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz
Bilge MacPhee and Kathy Claridge are Beyond Recruitment’s Policy and Government Team.