About the Company
My North Shore based client operates on the frontier of technology, partnering with some of the most well-known global product companies. Although this organisation has a stronghold on the global market, they are still a close-knit team. Due to their continuing growth and success, they are now looking for a Product Test Engineer to join their high performing team.
About the Role
As an experienced Production Test Engineer, you’ll be part of a team responsible for creating amazing device, mobile and web integrated vision technology, video solutions and other IoT devices. Working in conjunction with highly skilled engineers, you’ll be able to develop new products and solutions while becoming ingrained in the world of vision systems integration.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design appropriate production test systems for electronic hardware manufacture based on product specifications and collaboration with the Engineering team
- Work with cross functional teams (Engineering, Contract Manufacturer, Project Management, Quality) to build production test fixtures and tools
- Assist with DFM process between the engineering team and manufacturer; ensure the design risks for manufacturability is properly evaluated
- Perform electronic engineering activities concerned with development, procurement, installation, and calibration of test equipment and testing applications(suggest removing as we want to retain the in-house capability for test systems and fixtures. Develop automation software (test scripts) that will be used in product testing and quality inspections.
- Design, implement and sustain systems to collect and analyse data output from production tests to aid in Quality Control and SPC detections (Yields, failure codes, parametric etc.)
- Provide sustainable engineering of Production test systems for production lines: Includes auditing, SW updates, validation, troubleshooting and training.
- Prioritise and triage production test failures and provide guidance to teams for failure analysis.
- Maintenance and repair test equipment as required.
- Introduce test processes, monitor functional test yield and take corrective actions and cost reductions.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- A tertiary engineering qualification in electronics or equivalent
- 5 years plus technical experience with duties directly involving Production Test in a manufacturing environment
- Experience on flow process design, Lean manufacturing, and six sigma methodologies
- Experience with design and building Test Jigs and Fixtures, flashing FW, Serialization, Traceability implementations
- Proven experience of design and developing test harness in JAVA; visual basic, C++, C# or Linux
- Demonstrates leadership & interpersonal skills along with the ability to work with others positively
- Strong technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Should process strong verbal and written communication skills
- SW / FW flash and testing within production environments
- HW electrical testing within production environments
- Self-motivation, leadership, positive interpersonal skills, and effective presentation abilities
- Ability to travel internationally
- Software development experience in C, especially embedded or driver level
- Experience with Linux tools
- Knowledge of Image Processing and Computer Vision
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Candidates who have the legal right to work in NZ are invited to apply.
We’d love to hear from you, if this is the right role for you - APPLY now or contact Tyler Hunt on Tyler.Hunt@beyond.co.nz for a confidential discussion.
Job Ref: 99546
Beyond Recruitment IT & Transformation, connecting IT talent with IT opportunities. Visit www.beyond.co.nz for more roles and information.