- Experience with a large complex organisation
- Project experience, understanding components around operating based projects
- Be an integral part of a collaborative, engaged specialist team
NZDF is a unique employer and no two days are ever the same. The Defence Force exists to secure the well-being of New Zealand and New Zealanders with responses that include providing stability and peace support operations, humanitarian assistance, disaster relief and maritime surveillance.
How many employers run their own shipping, airline and land logistics operations? At the Defence Force you will get an opportunity to work across multiple platforms and engage in a variety of interesting activities that support New Zealand. Defence Force staff are provided with career growth opportunities that would be difficult to match - while working to protect and benefit New Zealand in a culture built around commitment, courage, comradeship and integrity.
You would join a committed and passionate team that together focus on one common goal to make a positive difference to New Zealand and New Zealanders.
What you will do:
You will be an essential part of a collaborative team that supports a strong and consistent approach to costing to enhance long-term planning for NZDF military capabilities and infrastructure.
You will be:
- Identifying whole of life costs for business cases and ensuring best practice is followed
- Providing financial and project accounting advice and information to project managers across the capability life cycle
- Effectively reporting on the financial progress of projects
- Contributing to the continuous improvement and on-going development of costing models, including supporting documentation; and
- Communicating insightful analysis to senior staff and stakeholders
What we need:
You will have a good theoretical understanding of and practical experience in life-cycle costing. Your key to your success will be your ability to translate the technical financial information into easily understood insights for non-technical audiences.
You will also have:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of management accounting and financial management principles and practices
- Effective quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; and
- Technical research and financial problem-solving and decision-making skills
If you are interested in this opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 25 July 2021
For further information or for a confidential initial chat, please contact Peter Campbell or Michael Chhim on (04) 494 7091 quoting job number 110977
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
• Most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last ten (10) years, OR
• Is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one of more of the following countries for the last ten (10) years; either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Use this online tool to self-check your eligibility for a security clearance. Please note that this tool is not part of the formal security clearance process: