One of NZ's Tier 2 main contractors has an opportunity for a project manager to join them to work on one of two projects. They are both CBD builds. Generally they are focussed on projects in the $5M - $30 region and much of their work at present is negotiated from existing clients. Their projects span industrial, retail, apartments, commercial, education, reclads, and healthcare.
They have an impressive staff retention record, they have an outstanding staff culture, a team that gels with clear and common goals articulated throughout the company.
Reporting into the construction manager, you will leading a team of site managers reporting on project delivery throughout. This will involve managing day to day operations with regular updates and interaction from/with site managers, sub contractors and other consultants. You will be proactively monitoring commercial and contractual issues and providing feedback. You will be ensuring projects costs are measured, monitored and agreed. There will also be a strong emphasis on OSH and compliance.
Key success factors for this role require:
- A trade qualification and ideally coupled with a tertiary qualification
- 8 - 10 + years experience in managing a mix of small to medium size projects
- Sound knowledge of the local construction market and relevant commercial construction legislation
- Solid programming skills and an advanced user of MS Project
- Strong financial management with ability to drive cost accountability
- Outstanding written and oral communication
This represents a top opportunity to join a medium sized main contractor with top staff morale and with significant opportunity to grow your career internally.
You will be rewarded with a market leading salary of $140K - $160K + vehicle plus other benefits.
For further information, please call Matt Shortt on 09 3740872, or please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org