This NZ main contractor is now looking for a commercial project manager to complete an apartment project with a value of $30M. As the business is growing the role is deisgned to take alot of the load of the construction manager freeing up their time to focus on tenders and winning new work.
Reporting to the CM, as a senior project manager you will lead a project team throughout project delivery. This will involve regular and ongoing contact with the client, project team members, sub contractors and other consultants. You will be proactively monitoring commercial and contractual issues and providing feedback. You will be ensuring projects costs are measured, monitored and agreed. There will also be a strong emphasis on OSH and compliance.
The role will also be focussed on design management, understanding and evaluating constructability of drawings and structures.
Key success factors for this role require:
- A tertiary qualification in construction management, quantity surveying or engineering.
- 10 + years’ experience in managing a mix of medium to large design and construct projects
- Sound knowledge of the local construction market and relevant commercial construction legislation
- Ability to lead and performance manage construction teams to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Solid programming skills
- Ability to interpret and understand drawings and structures with a view to offering optimum value for the client
- Commercial savvy
- Strong financial management with ability to drive cost accountability
- Outstanding written and oral communication
This contractor has a strong work pipeline and following this project, there are many in the pipline.
For further information, please call Matt Shortt on 09 3740872, or please email your details to email@example.com
Ref No: 90309