This is a well established commercial main contractor with 60 years of proven history in delivering projects that require innovative and smart design and build solutions. They build across commercial and industrial and have a national presence.
Due to significant growth in their Waikato office, they are looking for a project manager than can come on board, lead some of their top end projects on the go. This would require reporting to and working with the Regional Manager.
Reporting to the regional manager, as project manager you will lead a project team throughout project delivery.
This will involve regular and ongoing contact with the client, project team members, sub contractors and other consultants. You will be proactively monitoring commercial and contractual issues and providing feedback. You will be ensuring projects costs are measured, monitored and agreed. There will also be a strong emphasis on OSH and compliance as well as being focussed on design management, understanding and evaluating constructability of drawings and structures.
Key success factors for this role require:
- A trade qualification or tertiary qualification in construction management, quantity surveying or engineering
- 8 + years experience in managing a mix of medium to large design and construct projects
- Sound knowledge of the local construction market and relevant commercial construction legislation
- Ability to lead and performance manage construction teams to achieve agreed outcomes
- Solid programming skills
- Ability to interpret and understand drawings and structures with a view to offering optimum value for the client
- Commercial savvy
- Strong financial management with ability to drive cost accountability
- Outstanding written and oral communication
This opportunity would suit a senior project manager that is looking to be involved in the direction and leadership of a business beyond project delivery. The package would include a bonus structure in line with KPI's.
Package: $130K - $145K + vehicle + bonus
For further information, please call Matt Shortt on 027 554 4064, or please email your details to email@example.com
Ref No: 111430