This reputable main contractor has consistently delivered quality projects focussed in the $10M - $50 region from both the tender market and negotiated from existing clients. They have been strategic ensuring government work forms part of their portfolio balancing any economic bumps/recessions. Notably schoolwork so they have maintained a full complement of staff meaning no redundancies with a reasonably busy project pipeline.
With all staff fully committed, they now have a requirement for a project manage to join this contractor and work on a large industrial project.
Reporting into the construction manager, you will be leading a team of site managers reporting on project delivery throughout. This will involve managing day to day operations with regular updates and interaction from/with site managers, sub-contractors and other consultants. You will be proactively monitoring commercial and contractual issues and providing feedback. You will be ensuring projects costs are measured, monitored, and agreed. There will also be a strong emphasis on OSH and compliance.
Key success factors for this role require:
- A trade qualification and ideally coupled with a tertiary qualification
- 8 - 10 + years’ experience in managing medium to large sized projects, ideally industrial project exposure in your portfolio
- Sound knowledge of the local construction market and relevant commercial construction legislation
- Solid programming skills and an advanced user of MS Project
- Strong financial management with ability to drive cost accountability
- Outstanding written and oral communication
This represents a top opportunity to join a medium sized main contractor with top staff morale and with significant opportunity to grow your career internally.
You will be rewarded with a market leading salary of $140K - $165K + vehicle plus other benefits.
For further information, please call Matt Shortt on 027 5544064, or please email your details to email@example.com
Ref No: 105368