This is a great opportunity for an experienced QS to join a thriving main contractor with a strong work pipeline consisting of a range of education, new build apartment and wider commercial projects in the planning.
They have a strong track record of project delivery backed by a team that is dedicated and passionate about building great projects. From top to bottom, they are well organised ensuring communication is effective and fair.
This particular project is an ECI $100M commercial project based in South Auckland that requires the skills and experiences of a Senior QS.
- Take the lead role with all project procurement and estimating functions
- Undertake project cost reporting to senior management on a monthly basis in conjunction with Project Manager
- Trade package preparation, tendering, assessment, negotiation, award, management during execution and finalisation
- Subcontractor and supplier claim and invoice assessments
- Material procurement and Purchase Order preparation and issue
- Subcontractor variation management
- Project forecasting
- Leading and mentoring an intermediate QS
- Minimum of 7 year’s experience with a Tier 1 / 2 main contractor
- Sound understanding of contract management, budget management and financial reporting
- Strong NZ3910 Contract knowledge
- Sound ability to read and understand design documents and to formulate scopes of work
- Design and Build ECI experience ideal
- Effective communicator with strong negotiation skills
- Strong understanding of building techniques/methodologies and management of subcontractors
- Experience in cost management cloud based platforms
Remuneration: $130K - $150K.
For further information, please call Matt on 0275544064 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org