Research Advisor – eight month fixed term role.
Are you an experienced research advisor who has senior experience of New Zealand’s science and research system? Are you passionate about making a difference to New Zealanders through a better built environment?
About the company and the role -
BRANZ is an independent and impartial research, testing, and consulting company focussed on inspiring the industry to provide better buildings for New Zealanders. BRANZ is located in Judgeford, near Wellington.
We are looking for a Research Advisor to provide fixed term cover in our Research Investment team.
The Research Investment team is focused on ensuring that the Building Research Levy gets invested in areas that will have the greatest impact on the industries' ability to provide better buildings for New Zealanders.
The purpose of the position is to take the lead in the operation and delivery of the investment funding processes that seek research proposals and enable the Building Research Levy to be invested in identified industry needs. This includes organising and managing investment funding rounds and investment outside of these investment cycles.
The role also has responsibility for working with stakeholders in industry and government to help assess whether investments are having or have had the desired impact.
The role works closely with researchers from within BRANZ and from external organisations such as universities and independent research organisations. The role also works closely with government and industry stakeholders, including senior figures, to understand and communicate industry needs and priorities.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS RELEVANT TO THE ROLE
Skills needed for the role are:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- In depth knowledge of the New Zealand science and research sector
- Strong research management background
- Significant experience with, and the ability to work with government and industry stakeholders
- Ability to bridge between research problems and industry needs
- Successful experience in managing contestable funding rounds
- Financially savvy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of the building and construction industry would be an advantage
Role Specific Core Competencies:
- Stakeholder Communications - Carefully crafting external messaging to ensure that key stakeholders have a comprehensive understanding of the information relevant to them. Adapts and responds to issues that arise, is able to resolve conflicts to a mutually beneficial end.
- Reporting - Able to evaluate performance of individual projects in the context of an overall portfolio, and succinctly communicate project & portfolio performance and impact. Confidently explains how the portfolio is contributing to current and future industry needs.
- Collaboration - Quickly gains trust of other parties and works collaboratively. Focuses on the underlying interests of the organization and other parties to ensure projects are scoped well and remain on track to achieve results.
- Delivery focus - takes the lead on projects, from inception through completion. Reflects on their work in terms of both what is achieved, but also how it is achieved.
Alternatively, you can click on APPLY NOW to send a copy of your CV and a cover letter. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Please quote Job # 101874
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz
Bilge MacPhee and Kathy Claridge are Beyond Recruitment’s Policy and Government Team.