This Resource Planner role is a fantastic opportunity for someone with an existing planning background, or experience in an adjacent field such as an ecologist, arborist, Land Management professional, Parks/Recreation management or legal and may be thinking about a career change!
The purpose of the role is to, on behalf of the Parks & City Services Team, administer reserve land, provide input into resource and building consent applications for the Parks & City Services Team, provide advice on reserve and resource management matters and to develop reserve management and operational policy.
- Porirua based
- Opportunity to develop your Resource Planning knowledge
- Permanent position
- Evaluation of land acquisition and disposal options and co-ordination of associated processes
- Provision of advice to policy, planning and regulatory services on resource and building consent applications
- Completion of site visits, assessments of environmental effects and investigation of design options and alternatives
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders ensuring that relationships with key stakeholders are professional, positive and constructive
Key Skills & Experience:
- Existing experience in resource management or parts and recreation management
- Ability in research, report writing, policy advice and project management
- Analytical, conceptual thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Working knowledge of the Resource Management Act 1991 or other relevant legislation and local government structures and processes is desirable
If you have the required skills, hit APPLY NOW to submit your CV and cover letter outlining why you will be successful in this role. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
For further information contact Jake Harold at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 112227