We have a contractor requirement (20 hours per week) till the end February 2021 in a multi billion programme of investment in Wellington’s transport and urban development future. It is a joint initiative between multiple agencies.
The program aims to develop and deliver a transport system that supports Wellington’s growth, while making it safer and easier to move around. The vision is to create a harbour city accessible to all, with attractive places, shared streets, and efficient local and regional journeys. To realise this vision, the programme is focused on moving more people with fewer vehicles.
This is an exciting, dynamic and complex work environment. Proactivity, flexibility, innovation, and collaboration are highly valued and critical for the programme’s success.
In this role, you will join the Programme Controls /PMO team at the core of a high-performing and passionate programme, working across local and central government.
The purpose of this role is to lead strategic and programme-based risk management for the programme. Develop implement and maintain the technical and programme risk framework, including preparing and maintaining the Risk Management Plan and ensuring adherence to the Partner Risk Management Policies and Procedures (ISO31000 compliance). The Risk and Opportunities Lead will also be responsible for identifying mitigation measures and opportunities for improvement as well as the ongoing reporting of risk processes for the Programme.
This will include:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining the technical and Programme risk framework
- Preparing and maintaining the Risk Management Plan
- Ensuring adherence to the Partner Risk Management Policies and Procedures (ISO31000 compliance)
- Successful detection of potential threats to development and delivery, financial, operational, environmental and safety outcomes for the Programme
- Review and monitoring of risks and effectiveness of management measures to manage, mitigate or eliminate these risks
- Assessment and management of risks from the package level through to the Programme level, including cross-project workstreams and relationships with partner organisations
Skills and experience we are looking for:
- Advanced skills in Monte Carlo simulation and risk analysis
- Sound knowledge and understanding of ISO 31000 Risk Management
- At least 5 years’ experience in risk and opportunity management for complex multidisciplinary development
- Experience in analysing risks and identifying potential risks that may affect the programme
- Experience in designing and implementing risk management processes for developments, including financial impact analysis
- Experience in risk reporting and tailoring it to the relevant audience
- Experience in conducting audits and workshops to identify risks, mitigation measures and opportunities
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management capabilities
- Capability and experience in working in a cross-functional, multidisciplinary team
- Experience in transport and/or urban development and renewal projects is preferable but not essential
If you have the passion and skills that match what we are after, please do contact me at email@example.com to find out more and for a full Job Description. You can apply online with your CV and a cover letter explaining how you match the role.
REF # 105801
As this is an urgent requirement for a contractor closing date for this role is Tuesday 4th August.
(Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz
Bilge MacPhee and Kathy Claridge are Beyond Recruitment’s Policy and Government Team.