The Senior Advisor - Planning & Reporting takes a lead role in providing advice and delivery support, encompassing planning, delivery, monitoring, and reporting with a focus on input into overall performance reporting and accountability documents
- Work with the staff across the organisation to obtain input into the deliverables.
- Providing business analysis, planning and reporting support and advice.
- Provide input into overall performance reporting and accountability documents.
- Lead and co-ordinate contributions to accountability documents (Strategic Intentions, Annual Report, Four-year Plan, Estimates).
- Identify, collate and analyse relevant business information and data to support planning and decision making.
- Work with directorates to identify and gather relevant sources of data.
- Produce regular reports to support governance and oversight.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills, knowledge and expertise:
- Proven knowledge and experience in business planning and reporting in a government organisation.
- Experience and knowledge of statistical analysis and reporting.
- A strong understanding of the financial and performance reporting requirements within the Public Sector and the Public Finance Act.
- Understanding of the principles of risk management
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and credibility with senior management and a wide range of stakeholders.
- Communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to communicate technical information effectively to diverse individuals, groups and interests.
- Able to work on multiple reporting activities in a matrix or line management system.
- Proven ability to think strategically, develop frameworks, and manage systems and processes.
- A strong understanding of the processes that underpin the operations of the public sector environment including policy development, Cabinet and parliamentary processes, accountability and reporting.
This is a short-term contract position with a start date of 23rd September.
Due to the urgent nature of this role, please click on APPLY NOW to send a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining how you match above skills we are looking for - quoting Job # 101335
For further information about Policy, Strategy, Planning and Reporting job opportunities contact Kathy Claridge on Kathy.firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically and we will assess applications as we receive them.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz
Bilge MacPhee and Kathy Claridge are Beyond Recruitment’s Policy and Government Team