- Senior Advisor
- 2 months with possibility of 2 months extension
- 75 hours a fortnight
This contracting opportunity is at a highly desirable organization with a strong sense of purpose, in their Government Services team. The contracting position came about as a result of a permanent team member moving on. The team is looking for a contractor to carry out the responsibilities of this position, while finding the perfect person to fill the permanent role.
Functions of this role are:
- Review draft ministerial letters, written Parliamentary Questions and briefings for content risks and appropriate tone
- Raise issues with responsible managers for resolution
- Review other internal and external documents for risk
- Respond to machinery of government questions from the department
- Oversee an existing in-house writing training course
- If time allows there may some further work around developing the Government Services’ intranet content but this is not a primary skill set requirement
We are looking for a senior that will exercise judgement rather than just draft and process ministerial products. We are looking for ability to quickly get to grips with the types of issues and risks.
Further skills and attributes:
- Political savvy
- Good risk antenna
- Excellent communication – particularly written
- Knowledge of the Machinery of Government
- Policy analysis in more than one department and/or Ministerial office experience is preferred
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 04 494 11 84 quoting job number 97899.
Alternatively, you can click on APPLY NOW to send a copy of your CV and a cover letter. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz
Bilge MacPhee and Kathy Claridge are Beyond Recruitment’s Policy and Government Team.