The Senior Advisor Communications provides day-to-day communications advice to the organisation using a broad set of communications, marketing and media skills.
This role will provide broad advice and services to internal clients at a strategic and tactical level. This will include producing and implementing communications plans, collateral and providing services to support the organisation including presentations, briefings, writing, media and internal communications. Liaison with media is required on a roster basis, including outside of normal business hours.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Work with the manager and principal advisor to develop and deliver the annual communications plan
- Provide strategic and tactical advice to clients and stakeholders
- Initiate and lead the development of presentations, reports, communications plans, collateral and media releases
- Provide a broad set of advice and services including internal and external communications, media and stakeholder management to internal clients to create solutions for their initiatives
- Work with external agencies to create campaigns and marketing material
- Lead the development of fit for purpose in-house marketing and communications material
- Writing and analysis of media reports
- Manage and direct reactive and proactive media enquiries (this includes outside of business hours work on a rostered basis).
- Monitor and escalate as required to ensure reputational and other risks are managed
- Support the development and delivery of the stakeholder engagement plan
- Able to self-publish content on the website and social channels including supporting the content plan, regular updates, development of content
- Can demonstrate problem-solving skills and the ability to positively influence stakeholders
- High degree of self-awareness, empathy, motivation and respect for difference
- Demonstrates vision, ambition and creative thinking
- Is enthusiastic about the organisation’s focus and values
- Knowledge of best practice engagement and communications approaches and methods
- Strong presentation and communications skills (written and oral) including creative writing skills
- Experience working with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Has strong relationship skills to build trust and confidence with internal customers and stakeholders
- Public sector communications and government liaison experience would be an advantage
- Able to advise, influence and manage relationships with senior managers and other internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience leading the development of presentations, briefings, report writing, communications plans, media releases, social media management
If this sounds like you, please APPLY NOW or call Rebecca Berney on 021 401 125 for further information.
REF # 109440