A successful construction company with a mix of commercial, residential and industrial projects has experienced a significant upsurge in projects with a full pipeline of work for the next 5 years. They are a relatively new player in the industry that has been built and leveraged from a pre-existing group of related companies.
Their property development company has acquired land to build, they sell to market plus Kainga Ora as well as residential builds for other private developers. Their commercial projects are where the larger projected increases of build activity are set to occur. They have a number of commercial projects up to $20M commencing and more in the pipeline for several clients.
All their work sits outside of the tender market, either negotiated work or from their own developments. They retain most of their trades in house with it not being sub contracted.
They have a team of near 100 and are still growing. Their strategy and immediate need is to secure the talent of a project manager and a construction manager to deliver a range of higher density residential and commercial projects.
Reporting to the Director, this role will involve regular and ongoing contact with project site team members, sub-contractors and other consultants. You will be proactively monitoring commercial and contractual issues and providing feedback. You will be ensuring projects costs are measured, monitored and agreed. There will also be a strong emphasis on OSH and compliance as well as being focussed on design management, understanding and evaluating constructability of drawings and structures.
Key success factors for this role require:
- A trade qualification or tertiary qualification in construction management, quantity surveying or engineering
- 8 + years experience in managing a mix of medium to large design and construct projects
- Sound knowledge of relevant contractual legislation
- Ability to lead and performance manage construction teams to achieve agreed outcomes
- Solid programming skills
- Ability to interpret and understand drawings and structures with a view to offering optimum value for the client
- Commercial savvy
- Strong financial management with ability to drive cost accountability
- Outstanding written and oral communication.
This opportunity would suit a project manager that is looking to be involved in the direction and leadership of a business beyond project delivery. They have internal opportunities and the package would include a bonus structure in line with KPI's.
Package: $130K - $160K + vehicle + bonus.
For further information, please call Matt Shortt on 027 554 4064, or please email your details to email@example.com
Ref No: 112941