Our client is an organisation central to the recent and projected future growth in Tauranga, one of New Zealand’s prime development hotspots, and one of the most liveable lifestyle destinations in the country.
As part of a sizeable and established team of planners, an opportunity is available for a Senior Environmental Planner to provide technical knowledge and expertise towards delivering the resource consent process. The focus of the role will be on the processing of complex resource consent applications, provision of expert evidence, as well as playing a key mentoring role within the team.
Key duties, amongst others, will include:
- Provide qualified advice and guidance to all stakeholders on environmental planning issues and RMA implementation
- Enhance and maintain consultation with internal and external groups
- Expert evidence provided to Council, Environment Court, High Court and other authorities
- Provide Peer Review feedback and mentoring to ensure robust and timely decision making
- Provide senior expertise and technical direction on RMA and other relevant legislation
- Process significant resource consent applications where there are complex or original planning concepts with little or no precedent
- Manage special projects
We would be very keen to hear from interested candidates who hold a tertiary qualification in Environmental Planning (accredited by the NZPI) and have at least 5 years of experience in a relevant field, either within a consultancy environment or a local government organisation. You will ideally be a member of the New Zealand Planning Institute (or an equivalent international planning institute).
Key to your success in the role will be your well-honed written and verbal communication skills as well as your ability to build influential relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internally and externally. As a senior professional you will pride yourself on your leadership and coaching skills.
In return, the successful candidate will be offered a highly competitive remuneration package, a strong framework for career advancement and ongoing development, as well as a flexible working environment with a genuine focus on well-being. You will be joining a close-knit team of outstanding professionals in a part of the country famed for its sub-tropical climate, white sandy beaches, outdoor lifestyle, with all the trappings of a modern, vibrant, growing city.
For further information, please contact Duncan McKenzie at Beyond Recruitment on 021 587 360 or by applying to this advert.
REF # 109497