- Large Private Healthcare organisation
- $120 - $140k Base
- CA Qualified
The position will report to and provide close support to the recently appointed Financial Controller. Together you will act as leaders within the Finance Services Department as it in turn provides finance and administrative support to the business’s expanding operations. Your strong accounting, and analytical experience is required to drive accuracy and process improvements within the Finance Services Department. Your dedicated and collaborative operating style will set the standard for other members of the finance team and provide opportunities for expansion of your role and progression.
Support the Financial Controller in providing timely management information and regulatory reporting both at the business unit level and for the consolidated group.
Activities to include supporting the Financial Controller with:
- Preparation and distribution of accurate monthly financial reports in accordance with reporting deadlines;
- Liaising with partly owned business units to collect and validate their monthly financial submissions on a timely basis for input to the organisation's consolidation;
- Refining month end processes to improve accuracy of revenue and expense accruals;
- Completion of robust balance sheet reconciliations to validate month end and year end reporting:
- Liaise with the business partners to interrogate variances to budget and PY;
- Assist with GST, income tax and other regulatory filings.
- Preparation of statutory financial reports and assistance with the year-end audit process.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Other duties as required to support and assist the Financial Controller and CFO as needed.
In order to be effective in the position, the Senior Financial Accountant shall have and be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A sound understanding of the accounting cycle and demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Well-developed excel skills and a strong understanding of their current accounting system/ERP.
- This will demonstrate an ability/desire to become quickly proficient in Navision accounting system
- Strong knowledge of NZ GAAP and in particular IFRS-16 reporting requirements. Experience implementing IFRS-16 highly desirable.
- An inquisitive mindset with a desire for life-long learning. Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- CA qualified - 3-5 years’ experience post CA
If you are interested in this opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
For further information contact Michael Chhim or Peter Campbell on (04) 473 2116 quoting job number 101009
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz