The Senior Financial Accountant is a lead role in the Financial Accounting Team providing direct support to the Manager Financial Accounting.
The role provides technical accounting expertise to support decision making within the organisation. This role will be required to communicate accounting information to management and non-finance personnel to assist them in fulfilling their responsibilities and accountabilities.
Other responsibilities include preparation of annual financial statements as well as month end and year end financial close processes and reporting and taxation. This role is central to ensuring all legislative finance requirements are met.
Knowledge and skills:
- Extensive working knowledge of relevant internal and external standards, principles, policies, statutes, regulations and NZ Public Sector financial management practices
- Excellent technical accounting skills
- Ability to gain a very good understanding of the organisation, its business, its roles, structures and command chains, and the political, social, cultural and economic environment it operates in
- Sound business and commercial acumen, understanding of modern business management
- Experience with a major ERP package and Business Intelligence System
- Ability to communicate technical financial information effectively to non- financial audiences, orally and in writing
- Ability to operate to deadlines, and plan work ahead
The Senior Financial Accountant will provide financial analysis and advice to the Finance team and wider Finance team ensuring financial accounting systems, reporting activities and all financial documentation is appropriately accounted for. A key component will be the responsibility for developing new reporting and automated processes to improve the quality of the analysis and information available.
This role provides the professional financial accounting expertise in the management and improvement of financial internal controls and system processes, assisting senior corporate system management owners in fulfilling their responsibilities and accountabilities.
Apply via the link provided or give Peter Campbell a call on 021 0493 060 for a confidential discussion.
REF # 107113