- Senior Java / Full-Stack Developer
- Auckland CBD Location
- Flexible Working Options
About the company
This organisation is a leader in their industry, and is at the forefront of technology and innovation. Committed to creating a work environment that embraces diversity, work life balance and excellence, this is a fantastic organisation to be a part of. Looking to expand their delivery capability, they are putting together an agile, multifunctional team to help achieve this.
About the role
As a Senior Java Developer in a highly Agile team, you will be passionate about driving change and improvements in Development, Test Automation and DevOps areas, in order to deliver software faster and more reliably.
- Solid understanding of good software engineering principles and practices for keeping a codebase of high maintainability.
- Experience in Java/J2EE, developing and consuming REST services.
- Proficient with the Spring dependency injection framework and related technologies (e.g. Spring MVC).
- Experience with automated testing methodologies and frameworks (e.g. JUnit & Mockito, QUnit).
- Experience (2 years minimum) with scrum or other Agile practices.
- A rigorous and logical approach to problem solving.
- Experience working with relational databases (a foundational knowledge of SQL).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enjoy a dynamic, rapidly changing environment, and don’t get attached to a particular technology or practice.
- Experience leading and mentoring other developers and supporting a development community.
- Experience working with server rendered pages e.g. JSP, ASP.net.
Nice to Have’s:
- Previous experience developing customer-facing banking applications.
- Working knowledge of the Git version control system.
- Experience with IntelliJ and/or Eclipse
- Experience working on microservice architectures.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration systems (e.g. Jenkins, Circle CI Travis).
- Containerisation and DevOps knowledge (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift).
- Familiarity with UNIX dev environment (e.g. shell scripting and use over ssh terminal).
Candidates who have the legal right to work in NZ are invited to apply.
We’d love to hear from you, if this is the right role for you - APPLY now or contact Tyler Hunt on 021 919 593 for a confidential discussion.
Ref AK 92351
Beyond IT & Transformation, connecting IT talent with IT opportunities. Visit www.beyond.co.nz for more roles and information.