- Embedded Linux Development
- C++/Bash Scripting
- Low Level Kernel Debugging
- Rosedale North Shore Location
About the Role:
This organisation is going through a period of growth after receiving great demand in the marketplace for their product offering and taking on cutting edge IOT projects for development of new technologies. You will be joining a team of high calibre professionals who are responsible for producing a high-quality products for the market.
This role will see you operating as a Senior Linux Platform Software Developer responsible for design, development and support related tasks. Working with an agile environment that works to a continuous integration process, you will be responsible for developing components of embedded Linux OSs for bespoke hardware. You will be involved in every apsect of the software development lifecycle including concept, design, coding, debugging and release.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Deployment of bespoke Linux distributions for high-end embedded systems
- Hands on development within the Linux Platform including system architectures and detailed designs
- Work closely with Product Managers, System Engineers and Hardware Engineers
- Provide technical guidance to the wider development team
- Contribute to continuous improvement of processes and tools
To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- 3+ years developing for Linux OS on embedded systems
- 3+ years developing with C++ and Bash shell scripting
- Strong expereince of low level kernel debugging
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar
- Experience with Qt or similar application frameworks
- Understanding of electronic hardware design
- Knowledge or exposure to Android Platform Development beneficial (but not critical)
- Strong communication skills
If this sounds like you, apply now or contact Tyler Hunt on Tyler.Hunt@beyond.co.nz for a discussion.
You must be eligible to work in NZ to be considered for this role.
Job Ref: 103316