As the Senior Management Accountant you will be responsible for lifting the level of financial literacy, insight and robustness across the Capability Portfolio, focussing on the ‘inflight’ phase of projects (design and delivery) and on projects with the highest risk and/or cost.
The role will provide practical, dedicated financial support and advice to the Deputy Secretary Capability Delivery, Domain Directors, and Project Managers/Leads.
Sitting in the Capability Delivery Division of the Ministry this role will work closely with the Ministry’s Finance team. Assist Project Managers to develop robust budgets and forecasts and reliable financial reporting (project managers retain accountability for financial performance of their respective projects.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience in an accounting position with an in-depth understanding of management accounting and financial management principles and practices
- Good understanding of NZ financial reporting and accounting standards
- Experience using modelling and forecasting techniques and methodology
- Demonstrated success in developing and enhancing financial capability, standards and collateral
- Success in assisting business users to get added value from finance systems and reports
- Be strongly collaborative with a facilitative style
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to articulate financial information to stakeholders without a finance background
- Strong analytical ability that can contribute to improved financial strategic thinking
- Ability to develop and maintain trusted advisor relationships
- A good understanding of internal controls
- An understanding of the organisational and security needs of the ministry
- Experience with using Technology One is preferred, but not essential
Apply via the link provided or give Peter Campbell a call on 0210493060 for a confidential discussion.
REF # 109454