As Senior Network Engineer, you will take a lead role in the deployment and operation of the core network and core data center for a major, high-profile government agency. You will be responsible for the day-to-day 2nd and 3rd line operations and support of the network.
You will be expected to be highly self-motivated, be able to work under your own initiative without supervision and to work as part of an operational team within the Core Infrastructure Team. You will be one of two Senior Network Engineers within the team, so providing mentoring and guidance will be key.
As Senior Network Engineer, you must have the following experience:
- Cisco switching full command knowledge
- Routing protocol
- Palo Alto and F5 experience
- Switching Protocols - VLANs, STP, LACP, VCP, VSS
- VPN Technologies
- Practical understanding of VoIP Technologies
Additional highly desirable skills:
- Appropriate Cisco certifications
- Knowledge of other Firewall platforms including F5 and Palo Alto
- An understanding of ITIL and experience working in a change-controlled environment
- Knowledge of project work and methodologies
- Managing third party vendors
You will be rewarded with an attractive salary, as well as free car-parking as this opportunity will be based in the Newlands area, outside of Wellington.
If you are looking to consolidate your networking skills, as well as joining a high-profile government agency, simply apply now. Alternatively, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: 103305