Job Ref: 100798
NOTE: you MUST be living in New Zealand now and be eligible to work here on a full-time, permanent basis in order to apply
Senior Network Engineer - in-house role in large government agency - great team, great manager, DON'T MISS OUT!!
- $105,000-$110,000 per annum PLUS Kiwisaver, Wgtn CBD
- Combo projects and BAU network engineering in large, complex IT site within big government agency
- Superb team environment, plenty of chance to continuously upskill
About the Organisations
This is a large, high profile government agency. They maintain substantial and complex IT systems, and they need to the help of an experienced senior-level Network Engineer to join their well-organised, highly regarded team.
What they offer you:
- A great manager; knowledgeable, likable, well organised and supportive
- A great team; friendly, cooperative, highly skilled and welcoming
- Lots of project based activity in a meaty IT networks environment
- A chance to work with some of the latest technologies
- The stability of a government organisation that is in growth mode (no redundancies going on here!)
- LOADS of ongoing training, both formal and informal
- Close proximity to the train station and bus links
About the role:
Reporting to the Networks Manager, you will be a member of a team of 9 people.
The person they are seeking will have a background that includes some or most of the following:
- CCNA, CCNP or CCA or working towards such a qualification
- Demonstrated experience in supporting physical network equipment (experience in supporting VMWare would be a plus, too)
- Experience in working with CISO is a 'must have'
- Demonstrated experience in supporting network protocols including the likes of TCP/IP, BGP, SNMP, OSPF etc
- A background in resolving network issues and using diagnostic tools to do so
- A background in using network and enterprise management tools
- Experience of working in a large, enterprise scale IT infrastructure environment
The manager is one of the nicest and smartest you could hope to find, and they offer LOADS of training and a great breath of experience as part of the job.
Sound good? Trust me, if you are serious about your network engineering career, you can't do better than this! Email your resume to me now by clicking the 'apply now' button below, or contact Chris Kent on email@example.com for more information.