This reputable Tier 2 main contractor has consistently delivered quality projects focussed in the $10M - $80M region from both the tender market and negotiated from existing clients. They have been strategic ensuring government work forms part of their portfolio balancing any economic bumps/recessions. They have a busy project pipeline and are now looking for a SPM to run a $30M project, then with the intent of transitioning into a wider construction management role as you learn the business, understand key relationships. You'll be the 2IC to the Director.
Reporting into the construction director, you will be leading a team of project and site managers reporting on project delivery throughout. This will involve managing day to day operations with regular updates and interaction from/with site managers, sub-contractors and other consultants. You will be proactively monitoring commercial and contractual issues and providing feedback. You will be ensuring projects costs are measured, monitored, and agreed. There will also be a strong emphasis on OSH and compliance.
You will build and maintain client relationships as well as focussing on building an inhouse labour force.
Key success factors for this role require:
- A trade qualification and ideally coupled with a tertiary qualification
- 8 - 10 + years’ experience in managing medium to large sized projects, ideally industrial project exposure in your portfolio
- Sound knowledge of the local construction market and relevant commercial construction legislation
- Solid programming skills and an advanced user of MS Project
- Strong financial management with ability to drive cost accountability
- Extensive experience in staff management, mentoring and operational management
- First rate client relationship building skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication
This represents a top opportunity to join a medium sized main contractor with top staff morale and with significant opportunity to grow your career internally.
You will be working with the Construction Director to align projects, staff and clients ensuring high performance and servicing.
You will be rewarded with a market leading salary of $170K - $185K + vehicle plus other benefits.
For further information, please call Matt Shortt on 027 5544064, or please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref No: 118455