- Senior Policy Advisor
- Local government
- Auckland CBD
Come and join the largest Policy team in Auckland! Excellent flexibility and Work From Home options!
Community Investment and Social Policy- Regulatory.
The role of the Senior Policy Advisor is to lead the delivery of high quality, accurate, timely service and customer focused policy advice and is responsible for supporting the overall capability of the team.
The Senior Policy Advisor undertakes policy analysis and provides authoritative policy advice on issues that are complex and difficult.
- Lead, scope, shape, plan and manage policy projects that can be risky, complex, ambiguous or sensitive
- Provide critical and strategic thinking, using frameworks and methods to identify policy problems, shape unclear or complex policy into a tractable policy problem, identify its root causes, explore and evaluate relevant information and integrate into the development of policy options
- Build knowledge of different policy issues quickly, draw on knowledge of policy frameworks as well as knowledge from the policy portfolio and critically use evidence and information from multiple and diverse sources to draw inferences and come to conclusions based on evidence
- Identify and assess policy options against desired outcomes, identify their cost-effectiveness and impact, identify risk and effective mitigation strategies, deal with uncertainty and make innovative, practical and durable recommendations to elected members without the total picture
- Lead and navigate flexibly and effectively through advisory processes and governance requirements
- Critically synthesise information from a wide variety of areas and use in-depth knowledge of the policy portfolio to draw sound conclusions based on evidence
- Provide clear, accurate well-reasoned policy products that anticipate and meet the needs of elected members and communicate complex issues and solutions clearly and succinctly
- Deliver influential and authoritative advice to implement outcomes that make a positive impact on governance decisions
- Develop policy that reflects engagement with internal and external stakeholders, including Auckland’s diverse communities
- Develop and nurture the capabilities of individuals in a coaching and mentoring capacity, motivating more junior staff towards high quality policy advice
- Provide intellectual leadership by bringing new ideas and knowledge to policy discussions and leads strategic conversations
- Recognise when an 80 % solution is good enough
We are looking for:
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in the development of public sector policy and the management of stakeholder relationships in a highly complex organisation and political environment
- Understand and appreciate the workings and functions of local government, including relevant legislation and statutory requirements
Come and be part of the largest policy team in Auckland and work on a variety and breadth of topics - backgrounds sought from education, communication, policy , local and central government, legal.Excellent worklife balance.
If this is of interest to you please call Kris Attewell@ Beyond Recruitment HR & Policy 021 435712 or Apply Now
Job # 113343