End of a year could be the best time to make a change! Secure a great role and start straight away in the new year. What a great way to get into 2019!
We have an urgent requirement for a Senior Policy Advisor in a Ministry that is in the limelight.
This small ministry with a big vision is looking for a Senior Policy Advisor who will provide strategic and operational policy advice to the Ministers. You will work with staff from the Ministry’s sector performance team to support analysis of the financial and non-financial performance of Crown-funded agencies.
The Senior Policy Advisor gathers evidence; analyses policy issues, develops policy options and prepares policy advice for defined policy issues. The Policy Advisor will also contribute to larger, more complex projects where others have the accountability for the delivery of outputs.
You will need to be adaptable as the role will initially be located in one work area of the Policy Team, but maybe moved within the Policy Team as personal development or work priorities require.
To be successful for the role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications, at a post-graduate level
- Knowledge of tikanga Māori and an ability to mihimihi at an appropriate level when appropriate
- Experience working with Iwi and Māori stakeholders in a public policy environment
- Highly developed analytical and research skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with stakeholders with varied perspectives and viewpoints
- Ability to initiate, plan and complete projects to deadlines and quality standards with the minimum of supervision
- Ability to anticipate and prepare for problems and identify solutions
- Sensitivity to the political environment and a good understanding of political processes and central government public sector conventions.
- An ability to take a strategic approach to policy issues
In return you will get to work in a team who are truly passionate for what they do and you will have the chance to be involved in policy every New Zealander can relate to and is connected to.
If you are interested please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 04 494 1184 quoting job number # 96017 to obtain a full JD and supporting documents.
Alternatively, you can click on APPLY NOW to send a copy of your CV. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Applications for this role close on Sunday 9th December, unless appointed earlier as we are looking to fill the role as soon as possible.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz
Bilge Gray and Kathy Claridge are Beyond Recruitment’s Policy and Government Team.