- Be part of an exciting change in a programme of work that effects all New Zealanders
- Flexible working arrangements
- Help set the strategy for one of NZ's most important sectors
We are looking for a Senior Policy Advisor operating at the strategic level. As a Senior Policy Advisor, you are able to think strategically across a wide range of issues and apply critical thinking and analytical skills to challenge the status quo. You will work with the organization’s data, research and evaluation experts and external stakeholders, to develop evidence-based strategy, performance frameworks, and with their policy and implementation teams to effect the intended change.
Skills and experience for the role
- Strategic policy experience
- Produces high quality briefings and Cabinet papers for Ministers
- Builds relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Influences others and works collaboratively
- Gets to the heart of an issue quickly
- Solves problems and generate ideas
- Understands the machinery of government.
Our ideal candidate is someone with experience dealing with complex and ambiguous issues, an aptitude for strategic thinking or systems thinking, and a proven track record of getting things done. You’ll need strong analytical skills, and the ability to write and communicate effectively. You will have a great attitude, you will be comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment, and you will have a genuine desire to grow your professional skills and experience.
In return you will get to work with smart and driven people that want to make a difference in an incredibly diverse organisation. If you want to work at an organization which is committed to providing more contemporary, flexible ways of working so people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life, please contact me.
So, if you think you are who we are looking for, email me at email@example.com or give me a call (027 558 6323) and I can tell you more.
Job Ref: 98384
Alternatively, you can click on APPLY NOW to send a copy of your CV and a cover letter. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz
Bilge MacPhee and Kathy Claridge are Beyond Recruitment’s Policy and Government Team.