We have an urgent requirement for a Senior Policy Advisor in a Ministry that is in the limelight.
This small ministry with a big vision is looking for a Senior Policy Advisor who will provide strategic and operational policy advice to the Ministers. You will work with a National team focussing on the impact that national policy has in the Auckland market.
The Senior Policy Advisor gathers evidence; analyses policy issues, develops policy options and prepares policy advice for defined policy issues. The Policy Advisor will also contribute to larger, more complex projects where others have the accountability for the delivery of outputs.
You will need to be adaptable as the role will be located in Auckland but reporting to Wellington, however there is a significant team based in Auckland that you will eb able to support and develop key relationships with.
To be successful for the role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications, at a post-graduate level
- Highly developed analytical and research skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with stakeholders with varied perspectives and viewpoints
- Ability to initiate, plan and complete projects to deadlines and quality standards with the minimum of supervision
- Ability to anticipate and prepare for problems and identify solutions
- Sensitivity to the political environment and a good understanding of political processes and central government public sector conventions.
- An ability to take a strategic approach to policy issues
In return you will get to work in a team who are truly passionate for what they do and you will have the chance to be involved in policy every New Zealander can relate to and is connected to.
If you are interested please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 027 566 6561 quoting job number # 97681 to obtain a full JD and supporting documents.
Alternatively, you can click on APPLY NOW to send a copy of your CV. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz