This reputable Tier 2 main commerical contractor has consistently delivered quality projects focussed in the $5M - $30M region from both the tender market and negotiated from existing clients. They have been strategic ensuring government work forms part of their portfolio balancing any economic bumps/recessions. They have a busy project pipeline and are now looking for a higher level of regional leadership which has necessitated the need for an operational manager to oversee the regional performance and strategic growth of this leading main contractor.
Reporting into a Director, you will be leading a team of project managers, site managers and QS’s and admin staff. This will involve managing day to day operations with regular updates and interaction from internal staff sub-contractors and other consultants. You will be proactively monitoring commercial and contractual issues and providing feedback. You will be ensuring projects costs are measured, monitored, and agreed. There will also be a strong emphasis on OSH and compliance. The role will see you performing wider operational responsibilities such as regional reporting on budgets, board reporting, procurement and ensuring positive sub contractor relationships, team creation, staff management and development, identifying new business opportunities, risk management, and enhancing business relationships with all stakeholders.
Key success factors for this role require:
- A trade qualification and ideally coupled with a tertiary qualification
- 8 - 10 + years’ experience in managing projects $3M - $20M
- Sound knowledge of the local construction market and relevant commercial construction legislation
- Business relationship management and development skills
- Solid programming skills and an advanced user of MS Project
- Strong financial management with ability to drive cost accountability
- Extensive experience in staff management, mentoring and operational management
- Outstanding written and oral communication
- Able to multi task and resolve problems and seek out positve solutions
This represents a top opportunity to join a medium sized main contractor with top staff morale and with significant opportunity to grow your career internally.
You will be working with the Director to align projects, staff and clients ensuring high performance and servicing.
You will be rewarded with a market leading salary of $140K - $160K + vehicle plus other benefits.
For further information, please call Matt Shortt on 027 5544064, or please email your details to email@example.com
Ref No: 112299