The Reporting Accountant is responsible for:
- Owning and managing timely the end to end process for the Department’s external reporting to Treasury and other external parties
- Providing specialist treasury expertise for the Department
- Project work, confident and keen on getting involved with Projects
- Supporting, mentoring and providing training of junior team members
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Has extensive demonstrated knowledge and experience of public sector financial practices and the Public Finance Act
- Strong understanding of treasury requirements and insights to influence business needs, networking and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach others
- Has knowledge and demonstrable competence in financial accounting practices and procedures including PBE IPSAS
- Has experience in the operation of a modern Financial Management Information Systems
- Proven ability to develop strong business relationships, internally (own team and across different areas of the business) and externally (other agencies)
- Proven analytical skills
- A proactive approach, agile and prepared to take ownership and support established processes and new initiatives.
Apply via the link below or give Peter Campbell a call on (04) 494 7091 for a confidential discussion. All suitable candidates will be contacted.